iCloud Messed Up My Contacts

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by bushido, Oct 15, 2011.

1. bushido, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

bushido Suspended

bushido

Hi, i set up my iCloud, Mac & iPhone but i have a problem between the Mac and iCloud.

everything is doubled if i have iCloud on my mac enabled

here's a screenshot

iCloud unchecked:
    [​IMG]

Mac with iCloud:

[​IMG]

do u understand my problem?

edit: should i try to maybe delete all the contacts that show when i have iCloud on my Mac disabled? might it be all doubled bc my iPad 2 is still on 4.3.3 and relies on the contacts that arent on the cloud and always syncs them back?

2. jayducharme macrumors 68030

jayducharme

This is becoming a well-documented but frustrating problem. iCal is completely bolluxed as well. Here's a partial solution:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16377037#16377037

Another solution is to simply not use iCloud for now and go back to syncing with your computer.

3. eyephoney macrumors newbie

Hey! Do I have the option of not using iCloud and syncing with computer on my new shiny iP4s? I was reluctant to do anything iCloud until the next update.

If I can then that's super ......

4. thederby macrumors regular

iirc, without iCloud, it will only update your contacts when syncing with iTunes.

i disabled contact syncing via itunes and sync the address book on all my devices/macs to google contacts.