iCloud Migration Woes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harry20larry, Aug 7, 2011.

1. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

K, so I have a developers account under my apple ID. I have a separate me account.

I have been trying to use the me.com/move URL with no avail, it keeps saying "The Account in not yet Eligible", it is only available for developers.

In the document guideline PDF that accompanies the process it says make sure the me account is installed on each device with beta 5 installed. I have done this. It also says delete the current iCloud account off each device, I have done this.

The only thing I can think of is the fact I haven't got the beta Lion software on my mac, which uses the me account. However, I don't have access to these downloads since I am not a registered mac developer.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

2. alhumphrey macrumors member

If you venture on the the apple dev forums you will find the answer very quickly, as you are not the only one. However, this is not the place to discuses dev previews.

3. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

I think you answered your question. You'll probably need to wait for the official migration as in apple's eyes, your me account is not a developer's account.

Maybe raise a request with apple support

4. harry20larry thread starter macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Found a solution, once you have deleted your iCloud account, try and log in to iCloud from your iOS 5 device with your me account. It will give you an error message but will trigger the server to let you in to account migration.

I am not gonna make the switch until an iCloud Lion update is released to the public since I need the sync with my mac