iCloud movie stream over cellular?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by reckless2k2, Oct 21, 2013.

1. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

Is it just my imagination or were we able to stream our iCloud movies in iOS7 over cellular until recently.

I was on the betas for several months and maybe that ability was in there but I remember being able to stream my iCloud movies over cellular. I showed a few people as I rationalized it as why not to get a larger capacity device now with iOS7.

Now it seems that I can't do it.

I didn't check since I upgraded to the 5S. It was working on my 5 while I was in beta but I can't remember if it worked once I jumped over to the release version of iOS7.

2. bluespider macrumors 6502

bluespider

It IS new with IOS 7, and you just have to go into Videos. All the movies you have purchased through iTunes should be listed under videos. You can either play or download after selecting the video you want.

3. reckless2k2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can you stream over cellular?

I know I did it in beta. I can't seem to now.

4. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Can you actually stream it though? I've done it once and it wound up downloading the movie. Check your usage settings.

5. bluespider macrumors 6502

bluespider

basically what it does is buffers the download and allows you to watch it. It is downloading to your device at same time not actually streaming. Take note of that because if the movie is several gig in size watching it on cellular while possible will eat up a huge part of your available data.

In short, you can watch your movies while on cellular; however it's not actually streaming in the "Netflix" compressed streaming way. Hope that helps. That is at least my experience, i am NOT a dev though.

6. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Not exactly. Older movies from 2009 do not show and have to be synced manually.