iCloud music issue

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Rhcpcjg, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Rhcpcjg macrumors regular

I've been having this problem since I signed up for iCloud music. I have a few live albums on my iTunes library, and what I've noticed is that when I try to play those songs either on my iPhone, iPad, or my other laptop, It plays the studio versions. Anybody running into the same problem?

2. flur macrumors 68000

Yep, lots of people are having this issue. You can back up your files to a separate location, then remove them from iCloud, then change the song title metadata and re-add the songs to iTunes. This *should* force iCloud to see them as different songs and upload them to the cloud rather than "matching" them. You can then change the metadata back to the original song titles.

Note that some people have still ended up with the studio versions matching, and some people have had trouble changing the metadata song titles back (the modified metadata already in the cloud keeps overriding the change back), so this workaround is not without issues.