iCloud Music Library Can't be enabled

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by myname70, Sep 13, 2016.

1. myname70, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016

myname70 macrumors 6502a

Strange.. After iTunes 12.5.1 update on my iMac Sierra, the subject message appears on the iPhone, preventing to enable the iCloud Music Library... Any ideas what is the reason?

Update: Obviously it is a server side issue. From time to time it works, from time to time it stops.

2. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Same here. Can't access icloud on my iPad, or the windows version of iTunes.

3. Canadia69 macrumors regular

Same on my mac running el capitain (showing absolutely no music) and on my iPhone (showing only my purchased music)

"Icloud music library can't be enabled " shows up on my iPhone when I try to turn iCloud library on

My music on iPad iOS 10 works perfectly though
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2016 ---
    I've tried everything I can think of....ugh so annoying

4. anon.guy, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016

anon.guy macrumors regular

Me too. iCloud music library stopped working on my pc and my iphone.

Update: it works again for me.

5. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I've not been able to connect since 12.5 was released.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Seems to be server side, still affecting my phone and mac.

7. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

Thank god it's not just me! Thought I was going mad. First iTunes couldn't load it then my iPhone. Now iTunes loads it just fine but my iPhone is still having a fit over it.

8. Andrew.s macrumors regular

Andrew.s

My iPhone and Mac are having this issue right now. The System Status page doesn't reflect it but I'm curious to know what's going on. What's interesting is my Apple TV 4 is working fine with today's update and connecting to iCloud Music Library and Apple Music.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I did some digging. Seems like this also happened when 8.4 (Apple Music) and iOS 9 were released.

So, must just be that iOS 10 re-provisions the cloud functionality of music libraries, probably causing crazy demand from Apple's servers. They're not down, it's just a supply/demand issue.

10. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Thank god its not just me. I'm overseas at the moment, and my domestic carrier provides my AM subscription. I thought it was because I stuck a local provider's sim in my phone and I was going to be stuck without AM for the 6 weeks that i'm away!