iCloud Music Library Doesn't Show iTunes Library for Family Sharing Members

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by gimletmaker, Jun 30, 2015.

1. gimletmaker macrumors newbie

I subscribed to Apple Music today. Prior to this our family used one iTunes account for all our iOS devices and this account was subscribed to iTunes Match. Under this scenario, all members of my family could see the entire iTunes library on their devices via iTunes Match and the one shared account.

Now after Apple Music and setting up Family Sharing, each family member's device (non-Organizer) is now set up with their own iCloud account under "Settings/iTunes and Apps" and "iCloud Music Library" is turned on under "Settings/Music".

The "Organizer" device still shows ALL of the iTunes Library under "Library" as it was before when we were using iTunes Match. However, now with Apple Music and Family Sharing enabled, ALL of my family member's devices DO NOT show any of the iTunes Library items under Library!

I've tried just about everything I can think of and have reset just about everything multiple times but no joy.

Does anyone know how to get iCloud Music Library to work with Family Shared devices??

2. tgcarroll macrumors newbie

Not that this helps you solve the issue, but I too am looking for the answer to this. I hope that this isn't by design. Prior to subscribing to Apple Music, I too was using a common iTunes account to workaround this, and make our music library available on all devices via iTunes Match.

3. JacksTLOS macrumors member

You're "using it wrong"... lol... ok in all seriousness! the way you were previously using itunes was as if you were 1 individual who had multiple devices. This still would have worked and you wouldn't be paying 15 but only 10 (after trial). I'm not quite sure if there's a limit on the number of devices you can be logged into one itunes account and use apple music as I haven't googled it. But your only other option, seeing as how you're using itunes match, is to copy the music library onto each family members individual computer, or login id and let apple music basically match everything again (everything should be DRM free if you deleted the DRM music after matching and redownloaded). BUT only the "organizer" will get to use the "itunes match" feature as that is tied to the "organizers" itunes account. Basically each person now has their own itunes account so they need their own itunes library. If each person doesn't have their own computer/login ID with their own itunes library then it's much easier to do it your "old" way.