iCloud Music Library/iTunes Match 25,000 song limit lifted! (?)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by vladobizik, Dec 4, 2015.

1. vladobizik macrumors 6502

iTunes today let me add music into my library either by matching (I subscribe both to Match and AM) or by adding it from Apple Music beyond the previous 25,000 song limit.
    See my screenshot of the smart playlist I created to keep track of songs that add up to my library limit.
    Has anybody noticed the same?
    Nothing seems to have been announced, they might've just flipped the swich silently. Finally!
    You can't imagine how much frustration the limit imposed on me.

Attached Files:

2. francbecerra, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015

francbecerra macrumors newbie

francbecerra

I let my account lapse in November, but I'm seeing all my tracks that were previously marked 'exceeded limit' are now 'matched' and 'uploaded'. I'll renew my membership after I hear more people confirm that the limit has indeed been lifted.

I even combined my second iTunes library (you know, the one I had open with all the music I don't really care for) into my main iTunes music library and all the songs uploaded or matched. When I select 'update iCloud Music Library', I no longer get the exceeded 25k limit error! See below. I have over 27k songs and all the music I moved into my music library yesterday is now matching.

[​IMG]

3. milo macrumors 604

Are the Apple Music songs supposed to count against the 25000? How many of those songs in that 25174 are Apple Music songs?

4. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

Bless. I've been wanting Match for a long time but I have 31k songs.

Is there a thread where I could ask what errors does Match come with or should I just do it here? For example, if I do not want my songs to be converted into censored versions can I mark them as "inelligible for Match"?

5. vladobizik thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple Music and iTunes Match songs count against the same limit.

6. vladobizik thread starter macrumors 6502

No, that is not possible as far as I know. It's one of the major drawbacks of iTunes Match to many people.

7. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

Busted. I'd have to work on two libraries somehow, which is what I couldn't be bothered to do until now. Oh well. I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Match-less.

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I don't personally suffer this issue. Explicit versions not available to be matched have been uploaded for me at least.

9. francbecerra, Dec 4, 2015

francbecerra

I never subscribed to Apple Music, so my library just has music that I mostly legally downloaded from non-iTunes music services or ripped from physical media.

10. francbecerra macrumors newbie

francbecerra

On a similar note, I've had instrumental versions of songs match up with regular tracks with vocals on Match. It's really infuriating.

11. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Did you mark the tracks though?

12. francbecerra, Dec 4, 2015

francbecerra

Sorry if I'm not understanding what you mean by 'marked': The track was labelled 'instrumental version', but when I removed the track and downloaded the matched track, the version that was downloaded was instead the version with vocals. I had to go into my Time Capsule to retrieve the original pre-Matched instrumental MP3.

On another note, should I just give in and renew my subscription since it appears Apple have lifted the 25k song limit?

I'm pretty sure the limit has been lifted on my account since I'm at my work computer and my iTunes player now has all tracks available and listed as 'matched' and 'uploaded' (rather than greyed out and unavailable).

13. milo macrumors 604

How many of those songs are Apple Music? Seems like it would be a stronger confirmation to see it happening with a library that has over 25k songs that are either matched or uploaded.

14. vladobizik thread starter macrumors 6502

I have since added some additional music (that I had sitting around backed up in OneDrive waiting to be put back in iCloud) and right now I have 14,075 Apple Music tracks, in addition to 4,226 Matched and 9,202 Uploaded. 27,503 in total. In addition to that, I have around 300 Purchased songs, those don't count against anything.
    Hope this helps.

15. Bolverk macrumors newbie

Bolverk

My library (now 25,017) is exclusively Apple Music songs, and I can now add to it again. Had been stuck for months.

16. francbecerra, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

francbecerra

I bit the bullet. I just renewed iTunes Match and I confirm that my library consisting of just matched and uploaded tracks, 1260 purchased AAC songs, and absolutely no Apple Music tracks at 27.2k songs is officially over the 25k song limit. I'm matching all the MP3s that are under 256kbps and upgrading them now. I'll let everyone know if I get the 'exceeded limit' message cos I'm always buying music.

I am happy that I can enjoy my big music collection on my iPhone again finally.

17. axman macrumors newbie

Got a lot more than 25k here and everything seems to be uploading since yesterday. No longer getting 25,000 limit warning.

18. Tech198 macrumors G4

This stinks: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7200891?tstart=0

iTunes Match 25,000 limit does not count against purchases, but Apple music songs do when u add them from catalog?

this kinda ruines it all since 5Gig does not count against purchases either from iTunes. Apple again playing "this game"

Stick to one thing universal, and not confuse users.

19. riverfreak macrumors 6502a

What does this mean?

You have: 14075 AM tracks. These are tracks that were previously matched / uploaded? Or are these tracks that you added to your library from AM?

I guess what I'm getting at is: are you testing a 25K limit for YOUR songs in YOUR library or a 25K total limit?

20. vladobizik thread starter macrumors 6502

I am subscribed to both Apple Music and iTunes Match. The 14,075 songs are indeed songs added from the AM catalog to my library, with DRM and everything. The uploaded/matched tracks are my own tracks, DRM-free. They count aganst the same limit, though. Just a few days ago I couldn't add any new music - either from the AM catalog or by adding my own mp3/aac files through iTunes. In both cases I'd get an over 25,000 tracks error. Not anymore.

21. francbecerra macrumors newbie

francbecerra

Just downloaded more music and I'm still matching/uploading. I'm now at 27.3k tracks. :)

[​IMG]

22. riverfreak macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the clarification.