iCloud Music Library, iTunes Match and Apple music confusion

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by SoYoung, Jun 12, 2016.

1. SoYoung macrumors 6502

Ok, first of all, I was an iTunes Match and Apple Music subscriber, but before not renewing iTunes Match, I asked and told that if I keep my Apple music subscribtion, I would not lose my iCloud music library.

But its been a month now since my iTunes Match subscription ended, and I keep my Apple music membership, and today I found that the majority of the track in my iCloud music library is greyed out. So, am I screwed? I think the information and difference between the two service is not explained well and now I think I lose all my matched songs (and many of them is not on AP) If I knew clearly that I would lose all my matched music, I would never unsubscribe Match, but I read many article about that and they all says that is I keep my AP active, I won't use my matched music, and all I lose is DRM free.

So, is somebody here had this issue before?

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Did you delete your collection off your pc or something? How could you be 'screwed'? I assume you did a backup first?

Apple Music is drm, no pay no play. I'm fine with that because I have my whole 13,000 song collection on an sdcard in my desk.