iCloud music library not uploading

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by hehe299792458, Jun 23, 2017.

1. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

I'm trying to enable my iCloud Music library, but my locally stored songs (i,e. not the ones I added on Apple Music) aren't sync'ing over to my phone and iPad. I'm running macOS 12.5, iTunes 12.6.1.25, and iOS 10.3.2.

I tried logging off and signing into my iTunes account on all devices, as well as toggling the iCloud Music Library options on and off. Neither helped.

Attached Files:

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You can't manually sync music with iTunes and simultaneously use :apple:Music. You will have to allow your local music to be matched or uploaded to iCloud Music Library.

3. doolittle27 macrumors member

doolittle27

Perhaps check if you could force update iCloud Music Library doing the following on iTunes

File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library

You will then see a circle on the top right of iTunes (appear next to search field) showing that it is matching the songs in your library.

Hope this helps :)

4. hehe299792458 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

Unfortunately I already tried that...

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You can create a Smart Playlist that will show you the status of your music tracks. Unfortunately I'm on High Serra beta and just discover a bug (and BRed) and can't edit Smart Playlists so I can't give the steps.

Going off memory so someone who knows or can check please correct and fill in any missing info:

1. Create a Smart playlist
    2. There are a couple of choices you need to add like iCloud status and maybe iCloud Download????
    3. Select View>View As>Songs
    4. Right Click on columns tile bar and add the appropriate columns to view.

As I say this is pulled out of my rear end and probably needs testing and editing by someone.

6. hehe299792458 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

That's a very good idea. I tried doing that. It showed that the "iCloud Status" for all my songs was "removed". Then I tried to upload/match the songs by clicking on the cloud icon. Upon doing this, it'd say "waiting" for a few minutes before returning an error message "This item was not added to your iCloud Music Library because an error occurred"

Attached Files:

7. karnsculpture macrumors member

I'm having the same issues in the last few days. It seems that the process doesn't complete because it times out (although I get no message - the uploads just stop). I'm not on a very fast upload so maybe the problem is exacerbated because of that, although it was working a week or so ago.