iCloud Music Library Weirdness

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Macaddict16, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Macaddict16 macrumors 6502

My dad has been having this issue with his iCloud Music Library over the last few days. He tried to download a bunch of music for offline playback and it keeps spinning next to every song in the download list. He let it go for 2 days and nothing was downloaded at all. iTunes was eating all of the battery life though during that time. I finally got the downloads canceled (even though different numbers of downloads kept popping up after canceling). I am able to add a song to offline playback by itself, but when I try to add an album or playlist it sometimes downloads a few and then the rest keep spinning, or they all just spin and nothing downloads. I have tried logging out of itunes and logging back in, restarting the phone, turning off iCloud Library, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Macaddict16

2. manu chao macrumors 603

What I have seen myself and read from other people let's me conclude that iTunes (and in particular iCloud Music Library) is buggy enough to drive the people mad that try to find solutions or workarounds for anything that doesn't seem to work. If something repeatedly doesn't work, just pretend that the respective functionality doesn't exist (yet), otherwise it will drive you crazy.