iCloud Music Library

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Geckotek, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

In light of all the recent changes including the additions of fingerprint matching to Apple Music, what are the ramifications of enabling iCloud Music Library.

• I currently have iTunes Match which I just turned off the renewal for.
    • My wife and I share an Apple Music Family subscription.
    • I have a decent sized library of MP3s, mostly from Amazon and some from Apple...almost all showing a "Matched" status in iTunes
    Now that I'm starting to listen to more and more music via Apple Music, I occasionally find songs I'd love to add to some playlists. Of course I'm then told that I have to enable iCloud Music Library, but I've heard nightmares of people losing their original MP3s and such. I know I can just back them up, but just wanted to get a good feel for the current pitfalls in enabling this. On a side note, any chance my wife would ever be able to listen to my library?

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

If you're the kind of person who obsesses over every id3 tag and album cover, you should probably avoid turning it on. I've overcome my own OCD, and I'm enjoying the full Apple Music experience - including uploading my 10000 song library. I think it messed up a couple album covers, and I really don't care. Haven't enjoyed music this much in decades.

3. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Regardless of your decision, backup your library
    Totally agree. As long as you keep a copy of the master library you will be just fine.

4. Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek

Thanks guys. I get slightly annoyed, but I don't obsess. I'll make sure I've got a recent backup before enabling it.

5. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

I ended up temporarily copying my MP3s to my wife's computer so they could be matched into her iCloud Music Library.