iCloud Music STILL Can't Handle Duplicate Tracks?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by someone28624, Sep 25, 2015.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I like listening to my albums in whole. As the artist intended. And I like iCloud library. But Apple just apparently thinks no one listens to music this way?

I have SEVERAL artists where I'll buy the EP, then buy the full album when it comes out. But then the album is missing songs when I go to play it on another device, because iCloud didn't upload the ones already on the EP. I can't figure out how to work around this. Even on albums I bought from iTunes. Same goes for greatest hits albums.

[​IMG]

My version of the album on iTunes

[​IMG]

The full version in the iTunes store

[​IMG]

Yep, the missing songs are the ones from the EP

[​IMG]

It's not even available to redownload in my purchase history.

2. AgentElliot007 macrumors 6502

I've janked my way into fixing this by duplicating files and editing meta data, deleting the files and adding them again and continually adding to iTunes Match/iCloud Library, but that's a stupid fix if ever there was one. This is an aggravating element of "one complete thought around music" if there ever was one...

3. bob24 macrumors 6502

Yes the way this works is totally silly. Even worse: I download (from Apple Music) several albums for an artist. There are some tracks on the album which are part of a compilation Apple Music has but I haven't added to my collection.

Apple Music actually automatically amends the metadata for these tracks, removing them from the album I downloaded and tagging them as the compilation. So at the end of the day I have missing tracks in my albums and a compilation I never asked for but with some missing tracks (it only includes the ones from the albums I downloaded).

Basically they are breaking their own metadata once I have added their files to my collection!