Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
I like listening to my albums in whole. As the artist intended. And I like iCloud library. But Apple just apparently thinks no one listens to music this way?

I have SEVERAL artists where I'll buy the EP, then buy the full album when it comes out. But then the album is missing songs when I go to play it on another device, because iCloud didn't upload the ones already on the EP. I can't figure out how to work around this. Even on albums I bought from iTunes. Same goes for greatest hits albums.

JPsDwWx.png

My version of the album on iTunes

YUYitVY.png

The full version in the iTunes store

U9w7Oh1.png

Yep, the missing songs are the ones from the EP

wE0YMlf.png

It's not even available to redownload in my purchase history.

Reactions: bob24 and xoAnna

AgentElliot007

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2010
I've janked my way into fixing this by duplicating files and editing meta data, deleting the files and adding them again and continually adding to iTunes Match/iCloud Library, but that's a stupid fix if ever there was one. This is an aggravating element of "one complete thought around music" if there ever was one...

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Yes the way this works is totally silly. Even worse: I download (from Apple Music) several albums for an artist. There are some tracks on the album which are part of a compilation Apple Music has but I haven't added to my collection.

Apple Music actually automatically amends the metadata for these tracks, removing them from the album I downloaded and tagging them as the compilation. So at the end of the day I have missing tracks in my albums and a compilation I never asked for but with some missing tracks (it only includes the ones from the albums I downloaded).

Basically they are breaking their own metadata once I have added their files to my collection!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.