iCloud not syncing contacts

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by cichlid81, Mar 4, 2012.

1. cichlid81 macrumors newbie

Hello, I recently tried setting up iCloud on my 4s to sync my contacts. When I go to me.com to check them, only about half are syncing. I tried turning of contacts deleting everything from iCloud and starting over. What is odd though is that it will sync different contacts each time I sync. Sometimes 200 will show up, sometimes 250, it is completely random. Any idea what is going on?

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Why are you looking at them online rather than in Contacts on your Mac? I've always found mobile me and more recently icloud sync work flawlessly. When I picked up my iPad 1 on 4/3/2010, all my contacts were on the thing before I left the Apple store. The same was true when I picked up my iphone 4 a few months later. I rarely bother with the web interface but I would expect all my contacts to be there if I looked.

When I first set up iCloud on my Mac, I created a "bogus" icloud account for testing. I then "signed out" of that account and all my contacts were gone! I was in a bit of a panic but after I signed in to my good iCloud account, everything came back within seconds because I still had a good copy on my iPhone 4 and that copy got pushed to my Mac and my iPad. Based on my experience, icloud sync is a lot faster than mobile me sync used to be.