Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sasha.danielle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
I'm not sure if this problem lies with my MacBook or my iPad, but my Pages documents are not updating across my devices. Primarily I write on my MB, but when I want to migrate to my iPad, the changes aren't there. It seems like all the iCloud settings on my iPad are on, same on my MB.

My rMB is running El Capitan Beta 6, my iPad Air 2 iOS 8.4.1.

Any thoughts?

sasha.danielle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
I just checked the iCloud website and it seems to be updating there... so it seems like it's on the iPad end...

sasha.danielle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
Now I've determined that iCloud will update documents after restarting the iPad (but not if I simply shut down the app and open it again). This is better but hardly ideal. Any thoughts?

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
I can't say for certain, but there have been issues with the newest iOS update and syncing via iCloud... That could be it. Or it could be a technical glitch on their side. I once (last Autumn) had to spend about an hour on the phone with them getting them to fix iCloud syncing (everything from Pages, which was my main concern, to Contacts and Numbers, etc), and the tech guy did admit there was some sort of system glitch and it wasn't anything I could fix on my own, it actually took them about 72 hours to get all of the syncing to go smoothly. So you may have to contact them if you don't have any luck.

sasha.danielle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
I can't say for certain, but there have been issues with the newest iOS update and syncing via iCloud... That could be it. Or it could be a technical glitch on their side. I once (last Autumn) had to spend about an hour on the phone with them getting them to fix iCloud syncing (everything from Pages, which was my main concern, to Contacts and Numbers, etc), and the tech guy did admit there was some sort of system glitch and it wasn't anything I could fix on my own, it actually took them about 72 hours to get all of the syncing to go smoothly. So you may have to contact them if you don't have any luck.
*sigh* Thanks. I left Apple for a while but came back because I missed having an ecosystem that "just worked." This company is not what it once was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.