iCloud: Notes App Question.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Jedster, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Jedster macrumors newbie

Hi, all.

I recently noticed that iCloud just got an update which added Notes and Reminders to the mix. My questions specifically pertains to Notes on iCloud and my iOS devices.

The Question:
    I have many notes on my iPhone. Why aren't these notes showing up on my iCloud account?

2. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

because you've probably got them stored on the phone and not on iCloud

3. Jedster thread starter macrumors newbie

I do indeed, but I would have thought that iCloud would of been sophisticated enough to search through the Notes apps on all of the iOS devices attached to my Apple ID, take what notes I had on these devices, and collate them all together in the cloud. This way all my notes would be uniform on each iOS device I own, purely because the Notes apps on these devices would just reflect my cloud.

So you're telling me that I have to now write all of my notes in iCloud's Note app for them to be able to go to all devices?

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Notes have been iCloud before iCloud was iCloud.:D

Notes have had the ability to sync for a couple of years. Adding to the web interface is just another way of seeing them. You can also sync Preview to iCloud but it's not on the web interface (or on iDevices).

----------

You must turn iCloud/Notes on in Settings of each iOS device. If the notes are on your Mac you can drag them to iCloud.

[​IMG]

5. Jedster thread starter macrumors newbie

When I go into the Notes app on my iPhone, if I click the "Accounts" button, I can see either all of my notes everywhere, notes that are just on my phone, or notes that are just attached to iCloud. When I access iCloud via my desktop browser, however, an option to search devices doesn't exist; all there is is just the option to see notes that are created on using iCloud. In other words, I can't reach my objective here: to see the notes that are on my iPhone or iPad using iCloud on my Desktop.

There must be a way to do this--this system can't be that un-sophisticated.

6. gc916 macrumors regular

gc916

Jedster,

I'm assuming that, on your iPhone, you have enabled Notes in iCloud: Settings>iCloud>Notes "ON".

If so, I'm wondering if toggling off/on might be worth a try. All my preexisting Notes on my iPhone are available on iCloud via browser and in the Notes app on my MacBook Pro. Any revisions to existing Notes, or the addition of new Notes, are synced instantaneously across all devices.

Good luck.

7. Jedster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, all, for your input. I "fixed' the issue by simply copying and pasting my old notes into new notes. It was a pain in the ass, but iCloud now sees these new notes. I still don't know why it ignored the old ones, though. Regardless, all seems to be solved.

Again, thank you.

- Jedster

8. gc916 macrumors regular

gc916

Glad you got it worked out.

9. meagain macrumors 68030

OK but how do you drag and drop into iCloud, notes from your iDevice?
    I have iPad notes on 2 iPads, iPhone notes, and iMac notes LOL My iCloud notes is empty :)

Actually, I'm unable to drag/drop iMac notes into iCloud notes anyway.

Lordy - I'm confused.

EDIT: What do you mean by copying old notes into 'new notes'?