iCloud on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Soshjr88, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Soshjr88 macrumors newbie

I did a search on this and didn't find any results so here goes:

I have the basic 5GB iCloud storage plan and have two devices backing up to it. I have one iPhone backing up all of its data (including 3GB worth of photos from camera roll). The other device has been restored from the iPhones backup and I don't want it to have its camera roll backed up (it's the same camera roll so 3GB). When I go to turn off the camera roll for my second device, it says "Do you want to turn off Camera Roll backups and delete the backup data from iCloud?"

I don't want to delete all my photos from iCloud, I just don't want my second device to have its photos backed up and my iPhone can have its Camera Roll backed up.

Any clarification on this would be really appreciated and if you need me to explain anything (cause this is a bit of a confusing ordeal), let me know!

2. jonsuh macrumors member

For the device you do NOT want the photos backed up, you want to shut off and then delete Camera roll backups from iCloud.

If you have 2 separate devices on the same iCloud account, it'll back up both. So deleting the one from the device you don't want won't affect the other device.

If you're wary, then do a local iTunes backup before you delete it.