iCloud on non iOS 5 devices

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xAnthony, Jun 9, 2011.

1. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Do you think there will be a jailbreak hack that will allow lower generation devices (I.e iPod Touch 2G or iPhone 3G) to use iCloud, without being on the most up to date firmware?

I'm asking because I own an iPod Touch 2G which is running 4.2.1. I use it a lot when I travel. I don't really care if I lose it, and it's nice to have around to just listen to music or take notes if I have to. The calendar feature is also nice to have when I'm on vacation, so I can plan out any events/activity's I want to do/remember.

But I'd like to be able to see it sync up with my iPhone because it's quite annoying that when I do anything on my iPod Touch, I have to do it again on my iPhone.

Any thoughts on if this would happen?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It won't happen. Apple controls that stuff and jailbreak hackers can't access it. Apple may allow the older devices to use the MobileMe option once the services are combined.

3. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Dang... I really hope they do allow it once it's all combined. I use my iPod Touch as something for easy convince that I really couldn't care less if I lost it or not. It's served it's purpose for me and it's also scratched up beyond belief.