iCloud outgoing mail down?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Boyd01, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

The iCloud site doesn't show any outages, but I can't send outgoing messages this morning for some reason. I have iCloud set as the outgoing SMTP server, but nothing hapens when I send from my Mac with Apple Mail, the message just sits in the outbox. In the e-mail settings on my iPhone, "allow sending from icloud" is turned on but grayed out.

Anyone else having problems? It has always been very robust for me until now.

2. Boyd01 thread starter macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Well it started working again so I guess it was just a glitch. Weird. This is how I have things set in Apple Mail and I never had a problem before. Should I be doing something different?

Attached Files:

3. Bear macrumors G3

YEs, one change, for the "TLS Certifcate:" There should be one option that starts "com.apple." try selecting that.

Attached Files:

4. Boyd01 thread starter macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Thanks - will give it a try! What was strange is that it was trying to use an old entry for Verizon e-mail that doesn't work anymore. Seems like it shouldn't do that since the box was checked to only use iCloud. Shouldn't I have at least gotten an alert when that failed instead of Mail automatically switching servers?