iCloud pages document permanent waiting status

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TheOzzy, Apr 23, 2013.

1. TheOzzy macrumors newbie

Dear MacRumors forum users.

I'm currently experiencing a problem with the iCloud service. I have an iMac with OSX version 10.8.3 and a macbook Air running the exact same OS.

I have previously been creating pages documents on either machine which have been successfully saved to iCloud and therefore available on both devices - Naturally I have the data/documents function switched "on".

Currently, documents created/edited as of the the 13th of April are still 'waiting to be synchronized'.

I bring my laptop to campus and back home again, so it's going back and forth between 2 different kinds of networks (I have no idea whether this is relevant but decided to include it in case it is).

I really appreciate any suggestions as to how I might circumvent this problem, as it is thoroughly annoying when much of my everyday 'study work routine' consists of changing device and working on the same docs. Thanks a bunch in advance! :)

2. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Wait a couple of hours. iCloud is experiencing server issues right now.

3. TheOzzy thread starter macrumors newbie

First and foremost, thanks for the answer I appreciate it. But does it seem likely that my problem concerns iCloud issues?

Like I said, the last synchronized document appears to be dated back 10 days ago. So unless the iCloud server has been undergoing maintenance or whatever for the past 10 days I don't see why it wouldn't have synchronized in between.

4. nstauffer macrumors newbie

Also iCloud waiting

I have been experiencing the same thing for 2 weeks now. I created a document on a MACBook pro running 10.8.3 and can't access it on an iMac running 10.8.3 and vice versa.

5. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Well the files synchronize through iCloud so it would be related to those services. But I misread the fact that the problems have been for over 10 days, so that blows my hypothesis out the window.

What I'd try but I have no way of knowing if this will work is: Perhaps try copying all the files to another folder to make sure they are backup-ed (drag and drop them into a folder in Finder). Now in Finder, click Go on the top. Hold the option key, and then select Library. In there, there is a folder called Mobile documents. Go to it, and in there is a folder called com~apple~Pages. Go to it, then go to the Documents folder and backup those too. Now, after that I'd go into system preference, turn off Documents in the Cloud, delete the com~apple~Pages folder. Log into iCloud through the website interface, and delete the pages files there too. Now turn Documents in the Cloud back on and drag and drop the backed-up files from Finder into the iCloud interface in Pages when you select Open.

I'm hopping trying these steps will get the service to restart and start syncing again.

6. TheOzzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot JohnDoe, that sounds like a plan. I'll try that when I get back home and let you know how it went by editing this otherwise meaningsless reply :)