iCloud Photo (Beta) Question

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by wolfpackfan, Sep 16, 2014.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Okay, I'm running GM on both my iPhone and iPad and am doing the iCloud Photo (Beta) option. I really love how it works, but do have a question - on my Mac if I run Image Capture to transfer pictures over from my iPhone, if I delete the pictures after transfer are they removed out of iCloud Photo Recently Added also? I hope not.

Next question - when I get my new iPhone 6 Friday do you think the iCloud Photo (Beta) option will even be available? IMO this is a great feature, but I hate that Apple has removed all mention of it from the website when talking about IOS 8. I can understand the frustration about having it on the IOS devices and not having a Photos app on the Mac, but there are workarounds to this problem (use AirDrop or DropBox to transfer your pictures from your Mac to your IOS device).

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

1) Yes, anything deleted from iCloud Photo is removed from all devices.

2) Unsure. I am not sure if it is clear on why some people have the iCloud Photo Beta and other's don't. It might be tied to your iCloud account, so there is a good chance it will be.