iCloud Photo Library and Photos Synced from iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by amro, Oct 20, 2014.

1. amro macrumors 6502

Trying to get my dad's ipads and iphones all synced with photos. When I go select iCloud Photo Library on his ipad, I get a warning that 306 photos will be removed because he apparently syncs them to iTunes which he says he doesn't do or has no clue. He is visiting me, so I can't get access to his PC. No problem, I think, because I can go to the DCIM folder on Windows and copy them to my PC. However, when I go the DCIM folder there is only one subfolder 892ZLWR with only 93 photos. View hidden files is enabled, so I don't know where to find the rest of the 213 files.

I'm fairly convinced if I can get his photos off, I can get all his devices synced via iCloud Photo Library. Just can't find them under Windows Explorer.

Am I missing something?

2. azukre macrumors member

azukre

Photo sync from iTunes cannot be retrieved from windows explorer or anything else.

3. amro thread starter macrumors 6502

What?!?!?

So, I have to go find the machine where the photos MAY be synced? I'm sure he's upgraded his PC, and I don't know if he even sync'd his ipad since then.

----------

Update:
    Well, there are Windows programs that can get those photos. Just found one called iExplorer. Basic is $35, so it may be worth it until I get all his stuff into the cloud.