iCloud photo library (beta) problem

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iachia, Oct 21, 2014.

1. iachia macrumors newbie

Hello, I updated my iphone 6 to iOS 8.1 and was trying to activate the iCloud photo library (beta) but I have a problem.
    When I turn on the option a popup says that the sync will start when the device restore from iCloud will be finished.
    Obviously I'm not doing any restore from iCloud at this time. I restored from an iCloud backup a month ago when I purchased the new phone and everything seems to be perfectly fine: I have all my apps, photos, contacts, etc.

One thing I noticed is in my photos app there's a spinning wheel saying the photos are syncing (see screenshot) but that's not true: all the photos are there and there're no unfinished downloads.
    I also tried to erase the phone and restore a backup from itunes but it didn't solve the problem.

Does anyone have the same problem? Is there a solution?

Attached Files:

2. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Restoring Pictures is different than Restoring an Account. Turn off restore from settings to resolve this

3. iachia thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answer. Can you please point me to the setting you're talking about? I just don't find it... :)
    Also, isn't it strange that this sync has been going on for a month?

4. Thaumaturge macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. In my Photos app, it just says "Downloading".

I'm thinking about restoring from a backup to see if that fixes it.

Thaumaturge.

5. Hoevdingen macrumors newbie

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I just activated my new iPhone and I have the same problem even though I restored settings via iTunes and not iCloud?