iCloud Photo Library Beta

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by myname70, Oct 15, 2014.

1. myname70 macrumors 6502a

Guys, I switched ON all settings under iCloud-- Photos , including iCloud Photo Library (Beta), Upload my Photo Stream, iCloud Photo Sharing. My idea is to keep the photos on the iCloud but to be able to brows them from the phone before downloading them.
    But I cannot see where is the so called iCloud Photo Library album.. I see only the local Photos , the Shared photo on the iCloud (which is different from the iCloud photo library). Could you advise where are uploaded my photos to the iCloud and how can access them from the iphone? (iPhone 6 plus, 8.1 beta 2)

2. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

iCloud Photo Library makes it so your first tab has your entire library of photos from all devices that has that featured enabled. Your photos will be local as well as stored online. There is a setting to optimize the file size per your device to enable local storage on smaller devices (to a point - not gonna work on a 16GB phone for a 64GB library I'd imagine). The cloud library will store the full resolution photos and videos, but locally it'll down sample it if you enable it.

When you open up a photo you'll see a little circle on the bottom right and it'll download the photo at that point I believe the full resolution if you open it up.

3. myname70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did exactly as you suggested but still cannot see any circles on the photos and no such a separate folder / album iCloud photo library....

4. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

You're a braver man than I. I'm waiting for when it comes out of Beta, hopefully with Yosemite tomorrow and 8.1.

5. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

.....you're lucky you even have iCloud Photo Library at all - I still don't get this option on my iPhone 6, iPad 2 or OH's iPhone 5 - all on iOS 8.0.2 and we all chose to 'Upgrade to iCloud' when we set up our phones!
    :(

Hopefully, after tomorrow, it will start appearing.