iCloud Photo Library (Beta)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Blujelly, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Downloaded the new 8.1 today turned iCloud beta on and its now delete all my iCloud photo's from all devices.... any ideas how to make this work correctly and maybe restore my cloud photo's?

Ive tried turning it off again but its to late i think. I have luckily uploaded all my photo's to iPhoto, but even on there it says the cloud is blank?

2. DarrenUK macrumors regular

DarrenUK

3. Blujelly thread starter macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I'm extremely annoyed, I've still got it turned on, just took a picture and i swear it takes longer to update the photo library now then it does having that off

4. patrickowtf macrumors member

the idea of having my photos NOT take up room on my device is awesome, but i don't know if i really understand how icloud photo library is supposed to work.

i don't want to risk losing my photos

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Best to take a backup of your device in iTunes first just to be safe.

6. Blujelly thread starter macrumors 65816

Blujelly

to be fair maybe i should have researched into, so if anyone has links or advise please let me know.

but my thoughts were you would turn it on and it would then effectively sync all my photo's and videos so that you can view them on any iOS device.

i understand you can keep & download them so overtime i new picture is taken it updates. Then there is the optimise version which it jumps to the second you turn it on, i thought it might be a bit like iTunes Match?

but obviously not

7. johny979 macrumors regular

johny979

I have doubt
    When I activate photos in iCloud, the photos I sync with my mac(iphoto) dissapears ok

But how can I add events from iphoto to icloud photo??