iCloud Photo Library Deleted Photos Reappear

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by sfwalter, Jan 9, 2019.

1. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

From time to time photos that I delete will reappear in my photo library. I've heard that if you have "My Photo Stream" turned on this maybe the cause of this. I have four Apple devices: iPhone, iPad, iMac, and Macbook Pro. I've verified it is not enabled on any of the devices.

When deleted photos reappear they appear at the bottom of the album "All Photos" on my iPhone and not sorted by the date of the photo. This is really the only way I know that deleted photos have reappeared.

Does anyone know why this happens if there is a solution? I try to keep a very manicured photo library and its frustrating to have deleted photos reappear.

2. niji Contributor

niji

question:

are you subscribed to iCloud Photos? iCloud Photos uploads yr photos automatically to iCloud.
    and, at the same time, do also have My Photo Stream clicked as on?

i have never understood a scenario when a person would want to have iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream both turned on.
    when i did this by mistake it led to slower syncing, duplicates, and photos that would not sync.

3. sfwalter thread starter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Yes I'm subscribed to iCloud Photos. I don't have My Photo Stream turned on. I checked all 4 devices (iPhone, iPad, iMac, Macbook Pro).

Just for fun i enabled my photo stream on all my devices and then turned int off on all. Just to see if somehow it was on one of them even though they all showed as it being off.

4. niji Contributor

niji

hi

when you delete a photo on one of the 4 devices, after deletion, have you tried to go into the Recently Deleted folder in a macOS device and hit the Delete all button that should be deleting them for good without waiting for 30 days.

other than this, i can't think of anything that could be interfering with them being deleted across all devices.
    other than if you have some kind of convoluted flow where your iPhotos library is also found on an NAS kind of setup that is set to restore back files somehow.

5. sfwalter thread starter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

face
    I've started doing that. Hopefully this mean I won't run into this issue again.