iCloud Photo Library down for some?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chuckied123, Apr 30, 2015.

1. chuckied123 macrumors newbie

Hello all, just wondering if I'm the only one with the issue at the moment. My iPhone is saying "8 Photos to Upload" and for some reason today, its been staying like that and is not uploading them to my Photos app on my Mac or any other devices with iCloud Photo Library.

Normally when connected to Wi-Fi, it'll change to "Uploading" and then when completed will say "Last Updated Just Now"

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Seems to be working for me.

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

It's working fine for me. I took screenshots on my IP6 and viewed them on my rMBP.

4. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Mine stopped working for a few days. I'd just uploaded my entire library and it worked well for a few days. Now I'm missing close to 100 photos on my Mac and my iPhone says it's 'Uploading 92 Photos', but they never upload.

I'm not sure what to do or if there's a fix. I keep everything local on my Mac and I optimize storage on my iPhone.

5. reverberlayed macrumors regular

I had this issue. My iPad photos uploaded, but my iPhone just said "2,298 photos to upload." I waited a few days to see if they ever uploaded or the status changed and nothing ever happened. I contacted Apple, and walked through many troubleshooting steps to try to resolve it. Nothing worked including turning off iCloud Library, resetting phone, resetting network settings, etc.

I then restored phone from iCloud backup. Same issue. Restored from iTunes backup. Same issue. Restored as new, ta da! So it seems there is an issue with my backup preventing me from doing it. I'm in the process of restoring from iCloud backup and will AirDrop all photos to iPad and then restore as new.

Hopefully you can resolve the issue without all that trouble.

6. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Ran into the same kind of issue today - said 9 photos to upload, even though everything was properly and completely synced between my iPhone and Mac. A quick restart of my iPhone cleared it up, though. :rolleyes: Obviously still some odd v.1.0 issues with iCloud Photo Library, but I expect it to be fixed with time.