iCloud photo library glitch?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by toshiba1, Jan 12, 2016.

1. toshiba1 macrumors member

Hi, my iCloud photo storage is showing 305 photos, 0 videos, and this is somehow using 4.5GB of space. See attached. Can anyone please help me to understand what is going on here?

Attached Files:

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

*snip*

My bad I'm in a bad reception area and your photo has loaded.

Do you have panoramas and HDR photo's in there?

3. toshiba1 thread starter macrumors member

Zero panoramas. Only a small handful of HDRs.

4. Gav2k, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016

Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I'm sitting at 303 photos 1 video and 4.4gb used. It must be the way there stored. I'm on a larger backup plan so makes no difference to me. Hmm

Well after looking to see how much local storage there taking I've found that's 3.4gb so there's a discrepancy. Reminds me of the issue in ios7

5. toshiba1 thread starter macrumors member

I went into icloud.com, and deleted ALL photos. Then I 'uploaded' 2 photos via the 'Uploads' folder on my PC which then appeared. See attached for what it shows now. 2 photos total occupying 3.8GB.

What is going on?

(I do want to mention, I disabled "iCloud Photo Library" in Photo settings on my iPhone. This is the feature where it takes your entire existing library on the phone and pushes it to iCloud - it says I don't have space for this. I have 359 picts/vids on the phone itself in Camera Roll)

Attached Files: