iCloud Photo Library ignoring photo metadata

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by the1payday, Oct 22, 2014.

1. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

I uploaded my entire photo collection to iCloud Photo Library last night. I'm having a problem with about 60-ish photos that are showing up at the end of the list, inferring they were the newest photos taken, yet the reality is that they were taken back in 2010. It seems that iCloud Photo Library is ignoring Metadata on certain photos. Prior to this, they showed up in the proper place in the "moments, years, collections" view, in the 2010 section. Now they are acting like they were actually taken yesterday. Anyone had any issues with this or know of any fixes?

And yes...I know it's obviously a beta product currently. Just curious.

2. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

That happens if you have pictures that were take with a camera other than your iPhone that doesn't record metadata. That's what happened with a few of my older pictures that were taken with a regular camera.

3. the1payday thread starter macrumors 6502

the1payday

Yes, but prior to upgrading to iCloud Photo Library, I had these photos synced to my iPhone from iPhoto and they DID show up in the proper place under the "Moments, Collections, Years" tab.

4. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I believe that when photos go into the camera roll they stay at the date/time in the moments at when they were inserted. But the cloud relies on the metadata, hence the issue.

Just a theory...