iCloud Photo Library Login/out of iCloud

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by BigOrangeSU, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

For some reason, my handoff wasn't working so of course I followed the troubleshooting steps of logging in and out of iCloud on both my phone and mac. However when I logged out on my phone it kept my whole photo library stored locally, when I tried to turn on iCloud Photo Library, it won't because I don't have enough room (to duplicate my photos).

Essentially I need to figure out a way to remove my photo library on my iPhone so I can reenable iCloud Photo Library and re-download all my photos.

Anyone else have this issue?

On a side note, normally I would just reset my phone, but with my watch and all my health + fitness data in HealthKit, there is no real way to back that up and restore it, so i guess thats not really an option.

2. stevemiller macrumors 65816

I have this exact problem. I have 2gb of iCloud free space but iCloud photos refuses to turn on after cycling my iCloud login because it thinks it needs to duplicate the entire library that is ALREADY uploaded.

I know its first world problems to complain about a free service, but it's not really free if you consider that it's a selling point for getting people to buy into the apple hardware ecosystem.

Getting kinda sick of apples services and features becoming increasingly unreliable and requiring more and more troubleshooting savvy from their users.