icloud photo library not backing up all photos?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Yun0, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

i finally tried icloud photo library & every pic seems to be there except the ones that were synced from itunes, it gave me a notice saying photos synced from itunes were unsupported & 125 photos will be deleted, had to agree to enable the service but i was assuming it would also put them into icloud & just refuse to sync (or if i sync again itll disable icloud photos) but theyre just gone, all i have in the photos app now is recently added & recently deleted, my 3 synced folders are gone & not in icloud photos..what is the point of this then? all i have is what was in my camera roll pre-ios 8 which is now a massive mess of square photo blocks in years view.

speaking of camera roll is there any app that recreates it? i heard things about an app called "rollit" & i saw it on the app store, but is it really what i think it is before i possibly waste money buying it? all i want is a camera roll like album back, drag/drop copying without 3rd party software on the pc is a bonus but not needed.

this icloud library thing & whole photo changeup with ios 8 is a total trainwreck

iphone 6 ios 8.0.2, never enabled icloud photo library before in the betas/gm till now

2. Menel Suspended

Menel

icloud photo library not backing up all photos?

It warned you it was going to delete 125 photos.
    You agreed to this.
    Now you're upset it deleted 125 photos?

LMFAO
    Yup, total trainwreck

3. Yun0 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yun0

4. d.steve, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

d.steve macrumors regular

So why don't you just resync those 125 photos via iTunes again? Serious question - does it not let you do that anymore once you turn this on?

Help us understand why this is an issue and maybe we can groupthink this out.

[edit: ok so it disables sync. See this post from other active thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=19930271&postcount=36]

5. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

You'll need to wait until Photos for Mac is released before the photos you were previously syncing can be added to your iCloud photo drive. If you want these back on your phone now I suggest either turn iCloud photo library off and resync, or seeing as it's only 125 photos you could add them to a photostream via iPhoto.

6. d.steve macrumors regular

Best to just read the thread I referenced in above post but basically, this is a mess until the new photos app is out that supports IPL.

I have a feeling I won't be using IPL. It isn't designed for everyone (nor should it be expected to).