iCloud Photo Library not syncing iPhone - iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bgro, Sep 20, 2014.

1. bgro macrumors 6502a

Running the official iOS 8 on a 6 Plus and an iPad Air. Both devices were restored as new and using the same iCloud account. I have iCloud Photo Library turned on (optimized) on both devices.

Pictures/videos I take on my iPad do not show up on my iPhone and vice versa. I understand this service is a beta but it was working when I was running an earlier beta ios8 on both devices.

Has anyone been able to successfully use iCloud Photo Library?

2. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

I don't even have the option of turning onto iCloud photo library. So right now I'm still just stuck at photo stream.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

It's still in beta, and some people have it, some don't.

4. bgro, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

bgro thread starter macrumors 6502a

I understand it's in beta and only showing up for some people. That was not my question. ,y question was for those who do have it enabled on an iPad and iPhone. Is it working correctly? Take a pic on the iPhone it shows up on iPad and vice versa. To be clear, I am NOT talking about Photostream, I am r ferrying strictly to iCloud Photo Library

Edit: didn't realize your post was referring to the one under mine and not the OP..

5. BrettDS macrumors 65816

For what it's worth, it's definitely working for me. One thing I have noticed is that new photos won't sync until both devices have finished their initial sync. If you have a large photo library and one or both devices is still doing the initial sync, then you won't see new photos on both devices yet.

6. bgro thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's good to know that it's working. I only have one pic on each device as I transferred everything to my computer before restoring the devices as new. I think this issue is related to iCloud drive. It is turned in on both devices however on my iPad there is no "documents and data" showing in the iCloud drive screen. Only the iPhone..have a support call scheduled tonite and I will update

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Yes, working fine

8. 22hand macrumors member

nope, mine is working fine until today, photo took in iPhone won't appear in iPad..(I have iCloud drive and iCloud photo library beta enabled)..

9. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I have iCloud on and it's just not working right for me. I actually can see the photos on both devices (iPhone 6 and iPad mini) but except for the last few weeks of photos, I can't download the full res version of pictures on either device. I get a little exclamation point on the bottom right of the picture or video.

It really is freaking me out as I have over 5,000 pictures on my phone (which are now just in the cloud). I do upload my camera roll to dropbox so now at least they're all safe somewhere.

Hope they fix the iCloud library soon. This is a big deal for me (really stupid for me to use iCloud to begin with :mad: )

10. bgro thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do you download full res pics? I use the optimize storage setting and I don't see any option to do so

11. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

When you click the picture stored in icloud it downloads a full res picture. Instead of getting a nice clear picture I get a somewhat blurry picture with an explanation point.

12. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I've seen that happen in you have cellular data turned off for photos and you're not on wifi. I suppose it could also happen if you were on a network that blocked access to icloud.

13. Bish2010 macrumors newbie

My Photos sync between my iPhone and iPad. Not my videos. Is this the way its supposed to work?

14. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

If either of your devices is under 20% charge it will not work. Might not be the issue, but just throwing it out there as I wasted a lot of time last year trying to figure that out with photostream

15. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

My videos sync as well.

Something weird I noticed though. When you shorten a video clip, you can usually pick between saving as a copy, or changing the original file.

Now that I have the clip on both , my iPad and my iPhone, synced with iCloud Photo Lybrary, I can only save as a copy, on both devices.

16. Bish2010 macrumors newbie

Just for clarification, personal videos recorded with your iPhone or iPad are synced between each other? My problem is with videos I recorded.

I know there is also the specific "videos" tab, which is syncing ok for me.

17. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

Yes, slo-mo videos, or timelapse, or good old fashion videos recorded with the devices camera are synced.

Let's hope 8.1 fixes this problem for you!