General iCloud Photo Library Not Syncing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jason.childs, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Jason.childs macrumors newbie

Is anyone else having a problem getting the syncs to complete? I am running beta 2 on both my 5s and ipad mini (2nd gen).

I have logged out of icloud, deleted all pics, everything! It won't sync from photos app or settings. In settings it gets about 33% of the way there then hangs! So frustrating as this is one of my favorite features in iOS 8!!!

Anyone, please help!

2. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

NO % on my settings screen but when I go to the photos app I can see the syncing icon on status bar. I guess since it's beta we have to be patient.

3. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

My wife has about 20G of photos and videos in the iCloud Photo Library and I've been having some issues getting them all synced with her new phone. It seems to go for a while, then it just stops. I've found two things that seem to help.

If you look on the 'Photos' tab and see a lot of blank images with an iCloud logo then tap on the photos to zoom in to the 'moments' level. You don't have to zoom all the way in to each individual picture (and if you do, I think it will download the full resolution image instead of just the thumbnail, so you probably don't want to zoom in that far). Once you're at the 'moments' level any blank images that are currently on your screen should fill in within 10 or 15 seconds... if you scroll up or down to more blank images then those ones will fill in as well. It's kind of a pain to scroll through all 20G of her photos at the 'moments' level, but by doing that I was able to get all the blank images filled in.

I also had an issue where it didn't even have blank images for all of her photos. Looking at the year view and comparing it to another device that was synced I could see that 2013 and 2014 were about half or a quarter of the size that they should have been. Once the phone got to the point where it just stopped syncing, then shutting off the phone and restarting it would usually allow it to add more photos to the years that were missing photos. I had to shut it off and restart it a number of times before it finally got everything (usually I gave it at least 20 or 30 minutes between restarts to download what it could)

In the end by using both of these methods I was able to get everything successfully synced.