iCloud Photo Library Not Uploading All Pictures

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by triscuitbiscuit, Sep 26, 2014.

1. triscuitbiscuit macrumors member

I can't seem to figure this out for my life- I am trying to use the iCloud Photo Library. It seems to only upload 15 out of my 450 pictures on my iPhone. I have disabled and reenabled it, but it still won't upload everything (yet it shows everything is uploaded!). I have enough space (200 gigs). Anyone else have this problem?

2. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

when you go into iCloud settings under photos, what does it say for iCloud Photo Library. I turned mine on yesterday afternoon, and it still says updating, and its 9am now over here. This is happening on all my devices, and the progress bar isn't moving at all. Anyone else experiencing this?

3. v1597psh macrumors regular

v1597psh

Firstly, plug your devices into chargers and wait until it finishes updating iCloud Photo Library. For me it works pretty well but not perfectly.

4. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

Mine keeps updating. Seems to be done and then it randomly starts all over again. This has happened like 10 times on both devices. What's really driving me nuts is that thousands of pictures prior to June of this year aren't actually downloading. I can see thumbnail but when I click it the full res picture won't load. Just see a tiny explanation point in the bottom corner.

5. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Yes, finished, updating, finished, updating. Bottom line is it's Beta and Apple is clear on it. I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.

6. flashflooder macrumors regular

I turned mine on last night and nothing has uploaded at all, as far as I can tell.

7. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

A reminder to all: Please back up your photos on the phone before playing with iCloud Photo Library. There's no reason anyone should lose photos because of this beta software. :)

8. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I'm okay with it, especially knowing it's happening to others. Does make me very happy that I've been backing up my 5,000+ photos to Dropbox. :) I know they're safe.

9. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Great reminder. I use IFTTT to upload every pic I take to my Google Drive as a backup to any new pictures. I also backup all of my pictures as part of my iCloud backup, but I believe with the iCloud Photo Library, this replaces that portion of the iCloud backup as that would be duplication of storage. Anyone else know this?

10. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

i finally got all my devices photos uploaded and they are all identical through iCloud photo library..pretty awesome...i didn't have my devices plugged in, so it would never finish updating. As soon as I plugged it in, it finished.

I do however noticed, like others, when I take a new picture on my iPhone, my iPad starts updating the photo library, and that takes a few minutes to finish which is annoying. It's just one picture..should only take a few seconds at the most.