iCloud Photo Library not uploading

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by zooole, Dec 28, 2016.

1. zooole macrumors newbie

zooole

Like the title says, bought 50Gb storage (I have ~8Gb of photos and videos).

Turned on iCloud Photo Library, it says uploading 1984 items. Nothing else. In fact it is not uploading anything, because first time I did this, it got to 250 items, then got stuck. Deleted everything in my iCloud Library, turned it off on my mac and iPhone then started over. So now I'm here.

This is driving me insane. It tries to upload 1984 items when I only know of 1898 (All Photos album, which, to make it logical, contains videos as well).

I guess this migration from Google Photos will go well...

Edit.: Logged out from my iCloud account and restarted the phone, nothing changed.

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

It sounds like you're just being impatient and cutting off the process early by signing out.

1900 photos will take a while to upload. Let it run overnight. If it's your iPhone getting stuck, force it with an iCloud backup.

3. zooole thread starter macrumors newbie

zooole

The problem was that the phones battery got gown below some threshold point and I had to connect it to a charger.

I don't know why Apple doesn't give any info on this, but the problem was solved.

Thanks!

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You need to be on wifi and charging for it to upload

5. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

No, it will upload off the charger. But not if your battery is anywhere near low.

6. zooole thread starter macrumors newbie

zooole

Under 50% from my experience, or around that.

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

As above that stops working around 50%. It was on charge and wifi up till fairly recently.