iCloud Photo Library Not Yet Available

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by fenderbass146, Sep 29, 2014.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

So I was first on iOS 8 GM on iPhone 5, then I got my 6 which had iOS 8 on it and I had iCloud photo library working perfectly fine. I did the update to 8.0.2 and then my usage and standby time wern't reading correctly so I did a clean dfu install of 8.0.2. Now when I try to turn back on iCloud Library I get a damn error.

It says "iCloud Photo Library Not Yet Available" We're adding users daily. Come back soon to start using iCloud Photo Library.

What the hell apple. First off I was using this before with no problems and now you take it away. It should show it was on my Apple ID. Secondly why would you show it as a a toggle in iOS then just tell me I can't use it.

I love Apple and always have but this is getting sloppy...This whole Photo thing is a mess. They shouldn't have introduced any of these new features untill it was all ready. I never wanted to be one of these people but Apple is getting sloppy under Tim Cook....

2. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but this seems more to be an issue with apple than anyone here can help with.

Just to let you know I don't have an option to even try and turn on icloud photo library.

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I don't get why Apple all of a sudden started letting its everyday users beta test.

4. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I have the option to turn the service on and have it on. My issue is I have the option to 'Optimize iPhone Storage' but I have seen no change in the amount of space used on my phone nor do I see any difference in the photos. In general, I have decided to leave it as is and hope that in a future release it will be covered.

5. Truthfulie macrumors regular

I am more puzzled by the fact that they couldn't get the beta testing done before the iOS8 release and OS X counterpart be so late. So they kind of have to call it beta, otherwise they'd look foolish to ship half-baked product. I'd say they should've waited until 8.1 along with OS X version of Photos.

6. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I agree. I much rather have waited and avoided this whole picture fiasco. I love the idea of all my photos in the cloud but it is a mess. I even bought the 200 GB iCloud storage for it but I glad would wait instead of this half baked product.

7. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I saw some users posting about this a couple days back, so I went to give it a try - all of my photos/videos are safely backed up, so I had little to lose. I never saw it as an option. It is now shown under the photos settings as an option to toggle on, but I got the same message about it not currently being available.

It also seems odd that they wouldn't launch the photos app alongside iOS 8 or, at the very latest, the debut of Yosemite. The whole thing seems disjointed.

8. afsnyder macrumors 65816

They got rid of iCloud Photo Library in the iOS 8 GM... Developers are seeing the toggle but its buggy.

9. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

iCloud Photo Library Not Yet Available

Yes, but the option came back on 8.0.2, but it is not available for everyone to actually use. It's kind of strange.

10. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I agree with you guys. It seems like a good idea, but a half baked release.