Icloud photo library on icloud.com

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Nalmond92, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Nalmond92 macrumors regular

Taken from Apple's website:

Your precious memories, stored in iCloud.
    Once you’ve enabled it on your iOS devices, iCloud Photo Library automatically keeps all your photos and videos in iCloud, at full resolution in their original formats, including RAW files. You can access and download them anytime from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or the web.

Looks like they will build a web client to access photos. Hopefully means they will do the same for icloud drive

2. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Didn't they said on WWDC they would do that? And I believe they have to do it anyway, for Windows users for example.

3. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Current iCloud Drive basic web interface is all like "MobileMe" Sharing one (if anybody still remembers) ... but yes, its safe to assume its all coming integrated into iCloud.com and iCloud Drive

That means lot of stuff should be coming in soon to beta.icloud.com :D

4. jhtrico1850 macrumors regular

Hope it's good. Otherwise, might have to stick with Google+ for photo backups.

5. 0000757 macrumors 68040

That would be great.

Too bad we can't get iMessage in icloud.com too, though one can hope...

6. rdinterman macrumors member

rdinterman

Does anyone have their photos showing on the iCloud drive yet on their Mac? I have TextEdit, Preview, and Pages. No photos yet.

7. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

Nope not yet.

8. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

I really hope they do that as well so we could just drag and drop jpgs on our mac without the need for the photos app (won't come till 2015 anyway). As you said they have done this for iWork apps and preview etc. I really hope they do the same for the photos. I have been trying to find this out by making and commenting in other threads. People have suggested that apple maybe won't do this and the only way to manage your photos is through the photo apps and I really hope that is not the case.

The best way is for sure what they have done for their other icloud apps. So if I want to add a pages document I either do it like I used to by opening the app or now I can go to icloud drive in finder and do it from there (add and delete etc). The same needs to be done with photos so that we either do it through the photos app or again through icloud drive (drag and drop and delete).

9. shandyman Suspended

iCloud photos is not fully up and running yet anyway, so nothing will show.