iCloud Photo Library on IOS

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by hydr, May 12, 2015.

1. hydr macrumors regular

Looking for a little information regarding IOS and iCloud Photo Library on IOS.

I have about 100,000 photos and 2000 videos in Photos, all successfully uploaded to iCloud. System Library is on my 5K iMac. I have downloaded everything to Photos on a Mac Mini, working flawlessly.

I have 1 iPhone 6P 128GB and 1 iPad Air 128GB. Both configured with "Maximize storage". Everything seem to have downloaded fine.

My issues, and I am wondering if more people have these too are:
    It seems to be very slow to download fullsize images. It will always go to 25% then get a little stuck. After a while it will finish as fullsize.

There seem to be a very limited number of photos that my IOS devices can keep as fullsize, although free space is not an issues with more than 20-30GB free.
    About 200 or so I would say, if I try to download more fullsize it will simply clear other photos already downloaded fullsize. This is very annoying for me.

Does anyone else have some experiences they want to share regarding iCloud Photo Library on IOS?

I feel as long as free space is not an issues, that it should allow me to download much much more fullsize photos/videos. And I think downloading should be a lot faster. It looks like the first 25% is fast like my connection. Then it sort of hangs and gets really slow. I got great speed towards iCloud/iTunes. I can download a full song from Match in less than 5 seconds. I had no issues uploading my entire library which was almost 300GB. But for some reason downloading on IOS seems very slow.

2. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

thats because you have optimize iphone storage on
    Its for if you are running low on space... If you are running low on space its the assumption you dont want your phone filled up with photos when they should be in icloud

3. hydr thread starter macrumors regular

Of course I do, because I have almost 300GB of Photos.

But I do have 30GB free space, and it still won´t allow me to download more than 200 photos. Go figure?