iCloud Photo Library on Macbook, where is it?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Gill Bates, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Gill Bates macrumors member

I have enabled iCloud Photo Library on both iPhone 5S (IOS 8.02) and Macbook Pro (Yosemite)

iPhone settings for iCloud (Photo Library) reports that I have 3 photos in iCloud (gallery only shows 1 photo (?), but otherwise it seems to sync to icloud fine when taking a new picture)

Where are these photos located excactly (icloud), and how can I see/use them on my Macbook?

2. Gill Bates thread starter macrumors member

Update:

It seems that iCloud Photo Library will not be fully functional untill start of next year.. sigh

Maybe Apple should not launch an unfinished/useless but "available" function

3. Mikeyswen79 macrumors member

Mikeyswen79

Any further specification on how that will work? I saw that Apple is replacing iPhoto with Photos in OS X, but any discoveries on potential release dates?

4. RooneySC macrumors newbie

RooneySC

All I have read has said early 2015, but it seems strange to launch it on iOS with no real means of having it operate on OSX. I get that they are doing it as a public beta for iOS (still don't get how that will work on a non-beta iOS release....will the icon be there but you choose whether to touch it or something? I see some confused-ass people come Monday afternoon). Could they not have issued another Public Beta for Yosemite and added it to that for the adventurous? Seems like a fragmented rollout to me (strange considering all the Android bashing Apple tends to do at their conferences).

On a sidenote, anyone else waiting until late Monday afternoon to make sure 8.1 doesn't turn into another 8.0.1? Let the rest of the world be our guinea pigs?