iCloud Photo Library won't delete pictures beta 5

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by helicopter96, Aug 24, 2014.

1. helicopter96 macrumors member

I'm currently running iOS 8 beta five on my iPhone 5S, and whenever I try to delete pictures from iCloud Photo Library they are shown as deleted but still take up space in iCloud. Is anyone else having this issue?

2. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I'm assuming that you already removed them from the recently deleted folder? (on the albums tab). By default when you delete a photo it just goes to recently deleted for 30 days before it's really deleted.

If you've already removed them from recently deleted, then that does seem odd. I would think they should go away at that point.

3. DoctorKrabs, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014

DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

I tried to use iCloud Photo Library and it wouldn't sync my whole library. It put up only about 100 of the 500 total and it was "completely" synced.

I went to Manage Storage in iCloud settings and deleted iCloud PL and it says it will be deleted in 30 days. It shows that the space was recovered immediately, though.

I think we need another CloudKit wipe because iCloud Photo Library is still out of control. It seems like it wouldn't sync right for me because I deleted it once before and waited the 30 days. It only uploaded pictures I took after disabling it that time.

This thing's going to be in the hands of millions in less than a month, too.

EDIT: Even after deleting, I still have 700mb of space being taken up by nothing. iCloud Photo Library says it takes up 0kb. I think it's incorrect. Beta 4 would delete everything from iCloud Photo Library. I may go to beta 4 temporarily to recover the space.