iCloud Photo Library

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by acousticbiker, Sep 17, 2014.

1. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

If I use iCloud Photo Library, I assume that until the Mac iPhoto app is updated that I won't be able to view photos taken with my iPhone on my Mac.

- If I keep Photostream on (on both my iPhone and Mac iPhoto) will I continue to get my iPhone photos automatically uploaded to my Mac iPhoto Library - as it did with iOS 7?

- If I select the device storage optimized option (full res in cloud, phone-optimized res on device) and I sync with Mac iPhoto via USB, will I only get the lower-res phone version in my Mac iPhoto Library?

- If my wife and I are using separate iCloud logins but Family Sharing, will we have one common iCloud Photo Library or will we each have separate ones?

2. Razeus macrumors 603

NOt another thread on Photos.

The Photos app will still upload to iPhoto.

There is no device storage optizmation for the photos app on your iDevices. THat feature has been removed along with other iCloud Photo Library features.

Everything works like it did in iOS 7 for now. Once the Cloud Photo Library launches (if it does, I assuming it's waiting on Yosemite), things will be a bit different. iPhoto will still be able to catch your photos until the new Photos app becomes available, probably even longer.

3. StonewallBrown macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

That's funny. I have icloud library running. So do lots of people. I also have optimizing set for devices.

To the OP, you will no longer be able to sync with iPhoto through iTunes. Any photos or videos previously synced from iTunes will be deleted. That said, turn on photostream, and pics will sync to iPhoto.