iPad iCloud photo library

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Carla748, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Carla748 macrumors member

I'm confused about the ICloud Photo Library- I keep a lot of photos in my iPad and was wondering if I need to buy a 128 gb iPad air to have room for them all or will they be in the cloud and I could just buy a 64gb iPad Air when I upgrade my iPad?

2. Carla748 thread starter macrumors member

3. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Hi there,

Right now, I don't own an iPad anymore, but I do own an iPhone 6 and it should work exactly the same.

iCloud Photo Library basically keeps your photos synchronized on all your iOS devices. Additionally, you can access all your photos on your PC or Mac by visiting http://www.icloud.com/.

It basically back-ups photos in real time. If you delete a photo from iCloud Photo Library, it will also delete it from your iPad (and/or iPhone).

An extra advantage is that photos you take will be uploaded in full quality to iCloud, while you can keep an optimized version (that takes up less MBs) on your iPad/iPhone.

Keep in mind you've only got 5 GB of free iCloud storage. After that, you've got to pay for extra storage. It's $2.99/month for 200 GB, I believe, so that's an okay price.

Greetings,

----------

Extra tips/information:

You say you keep a lot of photos. Something you can also do is use a service like Dropbox (or Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive etc.) to keep all your images in the cloud. To access photos, all you need is an internet connection (or not, if you choose to save some images offline in the Dropbox app).

:)