iCloud Photo Library

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nathanalf, May 11, 2015.

1. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

So, I need some help figuring out what my options are to get iCloud photo library working on all of my devices. There are 4 devices in total that I'd like all my photos synced to. I already bought extra storage and uploaded the entirety of my photo library to the cloud. It's working seamlessly on my work mac and personal laptop. My phone is the one causing issues though...

I've turned iCloud photo library on a few times now, 2 times with nothing in my camera roll, and 2 times when I had a few photos I had taken in my camera roll. Both times it does the same exact thing: says 'xxx photos to upload' but that number NEVER goes down. I've left it sit for a full day (photos open, auto lock set to never, plugged in) and the number literally did not go down by one. I feel that my next step would be to restore my phone, but there are a number of reasons I'd prefer not to do that (don't want to go through the hassle of setting up my phone, as well as watch again, and then losing any fitness data I have stored as well) so I was wondering if anyone else has run into these issues/has any advice?

2. reverberlayed macrumors regular

I had this very issue. My iPad worked great, but my iPhone just said "2,298 items to upload." I left it over night - nothing. Tried soft reset, resetting network settings - nothing. Got in touch with Apple support, walked through all kinds of steps and nothing. I restored phone from backup. Nothing.

The only thing that worked was restoring the device as new. Then any new pictures uploaded fine. I've restored it from the backup again to Airdrop the pictures to my iPad. Once I'm done with that, I will restore from new and see how it works.

Good luck. Hopefully you don't have to go through all those steps. If you find a way to get it working otherwise, please update this thread.

3. nathanalf thread starter macrumors regular

nathanalf

Grr. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to restore and set up as new. Losing the last 2 weeks of health data is going to suck.

I imported all my photos from my phone to my computer (and the mac photos app promptly uploaded all of those quite quickly), and have tried turning the iCloud photo library on and off, and resetting all settings, etc. It's still stuck saying there are 2 files it needs to upload (although there are no photos/videos on my phone whatsoever). Seems like this is a glitch, and I would assume the only way to really get around it is to restore as new.

*sigh* #