iCloud photo library

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Myworld2015, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Myworld2015 macrumors newbie

do you need to have iCloud Photo Library enable to sync folders within a folder from the photos app in Mac to iPhone 6?

2. Myworld2015 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. iubhounds macrumors regular

iubhounds

I have a similar question, still looking for answers. I want to sync only certain folders from the photo app to my MBA. I don't want to pay for more iCloud storage. I also don't want to use iCloud Photo Library as my main source to all of my photos in my iMac.

From what I have read so far, we have no choice but to enable the iCloud Photo Library to have photos on different Apple devices. My problem is, if that is the case, my iPhone 5S and iPad Mini does not have hard drive big enough to accept all of my photos in my Photos app.

4. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

You have to have IPL enabled to sync photos across multiple devices. Once enabled, all photos will uploaded to the cloud. You cannot upload specific photos.

If you are worried about space on your devices, you can enable "optimized storage" on iPhone/iPad and it will "compress" your photos to maximize storage.

5. Myworld2015 thread starter macrumors newbie

But, if I enable iCloud Photo Library will I be able to sync folders within folders also???