iCloud Photo Management

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by WrenFGun, Oct 19, 2014.

1. WrenFGun macrumors member

I'm having a tough time getting a definitive answer on this, and I don't know if it's because we don't have an answer to it yet.

I have a 32 GB iPhone 5C, and eventually, I anticipate filling the thing up with photos. Is it possible to remove photos from my iPhone [not from my shared stream, but from the phone itself] and keep those photos I deleted backed up to iCloud?

In other words, I've been using G+ for this but I'd love to use iCloud for this instead, but I can't seem to tell if deleting them from my phone also deletes them from iCloud.

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I am pretty sure if you start using iCloud Photo Library if you delete a photo that is Syncing with iCloud Photo Library it will be gone everywhere you Sync with Photo Library. Think of it like Mail. If you delete mail from one device it deletes it from all devices.

As far as the size there is an Optimize Option to make the photo's smaller on your iOS device. Not sure how much smaller.