iCloud Photo/Video Sharing alternative?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by 2ilent8cho, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 2ilent8cho macrumors 6502

I pay for the 200GB iCloud Drive storage, so store almost all of my photos/videos on that. Recently had grandparents die, and when clearing out their stuff found lots of old video footage on betamax of our family in the 80s. So i have converted them to DVD then ripped them onto my Mac and added them to my library. Since on that side of the family i have 8 aunts and uncles and 7 cousins who all have iPhone and iPads i though creating a shared library, dumping them in there and inviting them all would be a great way for them to get access to these old videos.

How wrong was i, some stupid restriction only allows videos to be a few minutes long in shared libraries, so i keep getting asked to shorten the video.

Any recommendations as to what i should do to achieve what i want? Basically a shared video/photo library in the cloud thats private, and easy access for everyone else. I don't mind having to pay a small amount i will probably reduce my iCloud account storage 50GB so can make a bit of money back that way to go towards it.

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

The limit is 5 minutes.

Google Drive? You can send a link invitation to specific people for a folder. But I don't know if they can stream video, or if they have to download it.