iCloud Photo Website is up in Beta

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Is it THAT difficult and requires THAT much time with resources apple has to create a PHOTO APP? I mean, really???

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Is it THAT difficult and requires THAT much time with resources apple has to create a PHOTO APP? I mean, really???
I'd rather they get it right than screw it up because it could signal a philosophical change as well. Now they bring over Photos, next Videos, Music alongside the official split of iTunes and the App store.

Suddenly all our apps mirror each other but perform device specific functions.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
I'd rather they get it right than screw it up because it could signal a philosophical change as well. Now they bring over Photos, next Videos, Music alongside the official split of iTunes and the App store.

Suddenly all our apps mirror each other but perform device specific functions.
yeah ok but damn they showed it when, in june? and it will take them almost a year to make a photos app? i'm not an engineer but if they can make an entire OS in a year and can't make a decent photos app.. well, forget it.

mightyjabba

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
It's not just a photos app. It's an app that will keep all of your photos and edits in sync across all devices. So it's both more complex and has more chances of going catastrophically wrong (e.g. people losing all of their photos on all of their devices). Given the quality of their software recently, I don't really want them to cut any corners on this kind of thing.

robjulo

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
The entire iCloud thing is a mess. I can't tell what's on my phone, what's in my cloud. A disaster.