Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcel500

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Hey, weird problem here.

My iCloud photo library doesn't upload pictures anymore, tells me that 54 pic are not uploaded.

In settings, I switched off and on the iCloud Photo Library. Once I am doing this I will receive the following error message: Cannot download photos or videos. An additional 1.46 GB is required to download your photos and videos to this iPhone. You can manage storage in settings.

Fair statement but I still have 26.1 GB available on my iPhone and 143 GB in the cloud.

I am lost, what could be the problem?

Thanks

marcel500

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Hey, weird problem here.

My iCloud photo library doesn't upload pictures anymore, tells me that 54 pic are not uploaded.

In settings, I switched off and on the iCloud Photo Library. Once I am doing this I will receive the following error message: Cannot download photos or videos. An additional 1.46 GB is required to download your photos and videos to this iPhone. You can manage storage in settings.

Fair statement but I still have 26.1 GB available on my iPhone and 143 GB in the cloud.

Thanks

No one an idea?

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
a novice just guessing, but try rebooting iphone, and/or sign in/out of icloud.

jeffUM

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2015
Michigan
Hey, weird problem here.

Thanks
Did you get it fixed?
I have twice gotten into a period of a week or so where I could not get iCloud to upload my photos (since starting to use it when it became available in beta, so that's not too bad a track record, really). The first time took longer to fix, but the second time (this is all after having tried literally every other option available), I just did a restore from backup (that I made right then) and it pushed iCloud to start uploading again.

marcel500

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Did you get it fixed?
I have twice gotten into a period of a week or so where I could not get iCloud to upload my photos (since starting to use it when it became available in beta, so that's not too bad a track record, really). The first time took longer to fix, but the second time (this is all after having tried literally every other option available), I just did a restore from backup (that I made right then) and it pushed iCloud to start uploading again.

Doesn't work at all, tried everything.

Maybe it is related to the device management my company installed. Based on the restrictions iCloud backup and Documents in the cloud are not allowed. Not sure if iCloud photo is falling under these restrictions? Do you know?

Super stupid.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Photos is an iCloud service so they may have stopped the iCloud Photo backup when they stopped your regular backup. I don't have this restriction to test my theory but it is possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.