iCloud photos albums not in sync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Utterchaos23, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Utterchaos23 macrumors member

Utterchaos23

Hi all.

I'm 5% through uploading my 350gb of photos to iCloud and the albums are not in sync.

After switching on iCloud and seeing how albums were used and things were sorted I radically changed my album folder structure to make it more usable.

Mac albums are now ok but the new structure hasn't been uploaded to iCloud.

Should I wait until all photos are uploaded and see if it sorts itself out?

Or turn off icloud and then turn on again?

If I turn iCloud off and on again will I need to start uploading from scratch or will it just scan for changes and continue where it left off but with the new album structure?

Cheers all.... Realise there may not be an answer for this yet!

2. Utterchaos23 thread starter macrumors member

Utterchaos23

Just another thought about sync, where's the Faces album on my iPhone?

Cheers

3. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

I would wait until its completed the upload. My library is much smaller than yours (about 50GB) but as it was uploading I was worried that my devices seemed to be uploading duplicates and not syncing up correctly. Once all devices had completed the upload and download process everything was in perfect order.

----------

I just looked and I don't have the Faces album on my iPhone or iPad. I guess (at the moment) that you don't get it on iOS devices. Hopefully when the main version launches this will be changed.