iCloud Photos bug

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Frederico Luna, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Frederico Luna macrumors member

Hi!

Yesterday I updated my iPhone to iOS 8.2 and it stopped receiving iMessages.
    To fix the problem, I logged out of iCloud completely from the device and logged back in. That fixed the iMessages problem, but brought another one.

Before deactivating iCloud, I was using iCloud Photos. Now, when I logged back in, the iPhone thinks I was not using iCloud Photos and the switch that activates it is off.

The problem is: my photos that had been transferred to cloud are still taking most of my storage (5gb) and when I try to activate iCloud Photos on the iPhone, it tries to transfer all the photos to the cloud again and says it has no storage left.

Do you guys have any idea how I cloud easily solve this?

Sorry for any grammar mistakes or if I wasn't very clear, since i'm not a native english speaker.

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

My suggestion. Login to iCloud.com and verify your photos are on the site in your drive space. If they are, remove the photos from your phone then turn iCloud Photo on. Let the phone download your photos from your library.

Make sure you have a copy online or even better offline if you can. If IPL is currently off and you have a PC you should be able to connect via USB and see your photos on your phone. Grab a copy prior to removal.

This is what I would do to clean this up.