iCloud Photos file from Time Capsule to iCloud Photos on Mac

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by hokiepokie07, May 6, 2015.

1. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

I used to have my iPhotos stored on my Time Capsule. So, what I'm trying to do now is get that file to my iCloud Photos. I already have around 5,000 photos on iCloud Photos, but I'd like to have all of them. Since the file on my Time Capsule has close to 10,000 pictures/videos, I can't just drag it to my MacBook Pro. I purchased this Universal File Transfer Cable (USB to USB) thinking it would put the Time Capsule as a local external hard drive and then I could upload the pictures from my Time Capsule to iCloud Photo, but that didn't work.

I basically want all my pictures on one file on iCloud Photos.

I thought I could open the file on my Time Capsule, let them upload to iCloud Photos, but since it's wireless, I always get the error message, "iCloud Photo Library is only available on Mac OS Standard and Mac OS Extended formatted volumes." So, I can't upload the pictures from my Photos file on my Time Capsule to iCloud.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks!

2. hokiepokie07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What I'm currently trying is to export all the photos & videos from my Time Capsule Photos Library to my iCloud Drive, and then drag them to my iCloud Photos Library on my MacBook Pro. Since they are stored on the cloud, they shouldn't take up space on my laptop.

Will I lose quality of the pictures & videos or anything else?

Thanks.